If you are travelling for more than a month, see them earlier.
- Discuss Malaria requirements and sort out with your travel clinic, GP, practice nurse or pharmacist your required medication.
- Sort out your first aid kit and any medication you might need – including enough prescription medication for the trip.
- Read up about your chosen destination to learn about the culture, laws and customs.
- Check that your passport is valid and does not expire before you return.
- Check on visa requirements for your chosen destination.
Note: This information is designed to complement and not replace the relationship that exists with your existing family doctor or travel health professional. Please discuss your travel health requirements with your regular family doctor or practice nurse.