- Think through your trip before you go to anticipate every eventuality and be prepared!
- Think ahead of your child to prevent accidents – many countries do not have the same health and safety regulations you have at home.
- Take medication with you if you are unfamiliar with local medicines – child paracetamol, rehydration fluid, travel sickness medicine etc.
- Also take a copy of your repeat prescription if your child is on any medication should you need more medication while away, play safe and get enough from you Doctor before you leave.
- When travelling across time zones try to get your child adjusted as quickly as possible to the time with plenty of fresh air and meals at local times on arrival.
Note: This information is designed to complement and not replace the relationship that exists with your existing family doctor or travel health professional. Please discuss your travel health requirements with your regular family doctor or practice nurse.